Instance administrators can create a Service Signup Wizard that users must complete before new workspace requests are submitted.
Note:To ensure the security and performance of your development environment, this functionality is not available in Oracle APEX instances running in Oracle Cloud.
When users request a new workspace, administrators can create a wizard that requires the user provide a justification, accept an agreement, or optionally respond to survey questions. In addition, administrators can specify whether to support Productivity App Only workspaces, define blocked email domains and provide a message that displays when a user enters an email address containing a blocked domain, and create a custom success message.
3.11.1 Defining a Service Signup Wizard
Instance administrators define a Service Signup Wizard on the Service Signup Wizard page.
To define a New Service Signup Wizard:
Sign in to Oracle Application Express Administration Services.
- Click Manage Instance.
- Under Self Service Sign Up, click Manage New Service Signup Wizard.
- Under Options:
- Blocked Email Domains - Specify a comma-delimited list of email domains
that are not permitted to request a workspace (for example:
example1.com,example2.com). Use the prefix
!to specify an email domain that is only permitted to request a workspace (for example:
- Blocked Email Message - Message to be shown to the user when an email address with a blocked domain is entered.
- Enable Schema Selection - Determines whether the user is prompted for the database schema information or whether the schema is defaulted.
- Require Justification - Determines whether to prompt the user for a justification for creating the workspace.
- Enable Agreement - Determines whether to include or exclude an agreement. Select Yes to display an agreement.
- Agreement Text - Enter the text of the agreement.
- Request Success Message - Message to be shown to the user when they get to the Workspace Request successful page. This message replaces the standard message provided.
- Blocked Email Domains - Specify a comma-delimited list of email domains that are not permitted to request a workspace (for example:
- Under Survey Questions:
- Enable Survey - Determines whether to include or exclude the survey. Select Yes to display the survey questions you define during the New Service Signup Wizard.
- Questions - Each question can have any number of answers. Enter all answers for each question in one field, delimited by a new line.
- Pre Text - Enter introductory text.
- Post Text - Enter closing text.
- Click Apply Changes.
3.11.2 Running a New Service Signup Wizard
Instance administrators can run the Signup Wizard by clicking Run New Service Signup Wizard on the Manage Instance page.
To run a new Service Signup Wizard:
- Sign in to Oracle Application Express Administration Services.
- Click Manage Instance.
- Under Self Service Sign Up, click Run New Service Signup Wizard.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.