Download and install patch dates for your Oracle software after you complete the installation.
Check the My Oracle Support website for required patch updates for your installation.
To download the required patches, perform the following steps:
- Use a web browser to view the My Oracle Support website:
- Log in to My Oracle Support.
If you are not a My Oracle Support registered user, then click Register here and follow the registration instructions.
- On the main My Oracle Support page, click Patches and Updates tab.
- In the Patch Search group, select Product or Family (Advanced).
- In the Product field, select Oracle Database.
- In the Release field select the release number. For example, Oracle 126.96.36.199.0.
- Click Search.
- Any available patch updates are displayed in the Patch Search page.
- Select the patch number and click ReadMe. The README page is displayed and contains information about the patch set and how to apply the patches to your installation.
- Return to the Patch Search page, click Download, and save the file on your system.
- Use the unzip utility provided with Oracle Database 12c to uncompress the Oracle patch updates that you downloaded from My Oracle Support. The unzip utility is located in the