A software-only installation only installs the Oracle Restart binaries at the specified location. You must complete a few manual configuration steps to enable Oracle Restart after you install the software.
Installing the Software Binaries
Use this procedure to do a software-only installation of Oracle Restart.
- Log in to Windows as an Administrator user.
- Download the Oracle Grid Infrastructure installation image files, create the Grid home directory, and extract the image files in this Grid home directory.
C:\> mkdir \app\oracle\product\12.2.0\grid C:\> cd \app\oracle\product\12.2.0\grid C:\> unzip -q download_location\grid.zip
- Verify that the server meets the installation requirements using the command
runcluvfy.bat stage -pre
hacfg. Ensure that you have completed all storage and server preinstallation requirements.
- Log in as the Oracle Restart software owner user and run
gridSetup.batto start the Oracle Grid Infrastructure installation wizard.
- In the Select Configuration Option screen, select the Set Up Software Only option to perform a software-only installation of Oracle Restart. Click Next.
- Respond to the prompts as needed to set up Oracle Grid Infrastructure. Click Help for information.
Configuring Software Binaries for Oracle Restart
Use this procedure to configure and activate a software-only Oracle Restart without Oracle Automatic Storage Management (Oracle ASM).
- Log in as a member of the Administrators group and run the
roothas.plscript from the
Grid_home, using the following syntax:
Grid_home\perl\bin\perl -IGrid_home\perl\lib -IGrid_home\crs\install Grid_home\crs\install\roothas.pl
For example, if your Grid home is
C:\app\oracle\product\12.2.0\grid, then run the following script:
C:\app\oracle\product\12.2.0\grid\perl\bin\perl -I C:\app\oracle\product\12.2.0\grid\perl\lib -I C:\app\oracle\product\12.2.0\grid\crs\install C:\app\oracle\product\12.2.0\grid\crs\install\roothas.pl
- Change the home directory to the path of the Oracle Restart home as follows:
Grid_homeis the path of the Oracle Restart home.
- Enter the following command:
setup.exe -updateNodeList ORACLE_HOME=Grid_home CLUSTER_NODES= CRS=TRUE
C:\app\oracle\product\12.2.0\grid> setup.exe -updateNodeList ORACLE_HOME=C:\app\oracle\product\12.2.0\grid CLUSTER_NODES= CRS=TRUE
- Use the
SRVCTLutility along with Network Configuration Assistant and Oracle Automatic Storage Management Configuration Assistant to add the listener, the Oracle Automatic Storage Management instance, and all Oracle Automatic Storage Management disk groups to the Oracle Restart configuration.