D Configuring Read-Only Oracle Homes
Understand how read-only Oracle homes work and how you can configure read-only Oracle homes.
- Evolution of Oracle Homes
Learn about read-only Oracle home concepts like Oracle base home, Oracle base config, and orabasetab.
- Enabling a Read-Only Oracle Home
Configure your Oracle home as a read-only Oracle home after you have performed a software-only Oracle Database installation.
- Copying demo Directories to Oracle Base Home
In a read-only mode ORACLE_HOME, you must copy the
demodirectories listed in this topic from ORACLE_HOME to ORACLE_BASE_HOME.
- Determining if an Oracle Home is Read-Only
orabasehomecommand to determine if your Oracle home is a read/write or read-only Oracle home.
- File Path and Directory Changes in Read-Only Oracle Homes
Examples of hierarchical file mappings in a read-only Oracle home as compared to a read/write Oracle home.