This chapter describes the SQL*Plus command-line user interface. It contains the following topics:
1.1 About The Command-line Screen
The following image shows the SQL*Plus command-line interface.
When SQL*Plus starts, it displays the date and time, the SQL*Plus version and copyright information before the SQL*Plus prompt appears. The default prompt for SQL*Plus command-line is:
1.2 Changing the Command-line Font and Font Size
In Windows, from a Command Prompt, open the Command Prompt Properties dialog to set the font and font size used in the SQL*Plus command-line interface.
To Change the Command-line Interface Font and Font Size
- Right click in the command-line interface title bar.
- Click Properties. The Window Preview box displays the current window's relative size on your monitor based on your font and font size selections. The Selected Font: box displays a sample of the current font.
- Click the Font tab.
- Select the font size to use from the Size box. Raster font sizes are shown as width by height in pixels. TrueType font sizes are shown as height in pixels.
- Select the font to use from the Font box.
- Select the Bold Fonts check box to use a bold version of the font.
For more information about changing Command Prompt properties, see Windows Help or click Help in the Command Prompt Properties dialog.