5 How-to Guides
A collection of tasks and procedures for managing Exadata Database Service on Dedicated Infrastructure.
- Connecting to an Exadata Cloud Infrastructure Instance
This topic explains how to connect to an Exadata Cloud Infrastructure instance using SSH or SQL Developer.
- Manage Exadata Cloud Infrastructure
Use the provided tools to manage the Infrastructure.
- Cloud Infrastructure Maintenance Updates
Oracle performs the updates to all of the Oracle-managed infrastructure components on Exadata Cloud Infrastructure.
- Manage VM Clusters
Learn how to manage your VM clusters on Exadata Cloud Infrastructure.
- Manage Oracle Database Software Images
This topic provides an overview of the database software image resource type, which you can use to create databases and Oracle Database Homes, and to patch databases.
- Create Oracle Database Homes on an Exadata Cloud Infrastructure System
Learn to create Oracle Database Homes on Exadata Cloud Infrastructure.
- Managing Oracle Database Homes on an Exadata Cloud Infrastructure Instance
You can delete or view information about Oracle Database Homes (referred to as "Database Homes" in Oracle Cloud Infrastructure) by using the Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Console, the API, or the CLI.
- Manage Databases on Exadata Cloud Infrastructure
- Manage Database Backup and Recovery on Oracle Exadata Database Service on Dedicated Infrastructure
Learn how to work with the backup and recovery facilities provided by Oracle Exadata Database Service on Dedicated Infrastructure.
- Patch and Update an Exadata Cloud Infrastructure System
- Use Oracle Data Guard with Exadata Cloud Infrastructure
Learn to configure and manage Data Guard associations in your VM cluster.
- Configure Oracle Database Features for Exadata Cloud Infrastructure
This topic describes how to configure Oracle Multitenant, tablespace encryption, and Huge Pages for use with your Exadata Cloud Infrastructure instance.
- Managing Exadata Cloud Infrastructure I/O Resource Management (IORM)
- Migrate to Exadata Cloud Infrastructure
For general guidance on methods and tools to migrate databases to Oracle Cloud Infrastructure database services, including Exadata Cloud Infrastructure see "Migrating Databases to the Cloud".
- Switch an Exadata DB System to the New Resource Model and APIs
If you have existing Exadata DB systems in Oracle Cloud Infrastructure, you can switch them to the new resource model and APIs.
- Connect Identity and Access Management (IAM) Users to Oracle Exadata Database Service on Dedicated Infrastructure
You can configure Oracle Exadata Database Service on Dedicated Infrastructure to use Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Identity and Access Management (IAM) authentication and authorization to allow IAM users to access an Oracle Database with IAM credentials.
- Authenticating and Authorizing Microsoft Azure Active Directory Users for Oracle Databases
An Oracle Database instance can be configured for Microsoft Azure AD users to connect using Azure