Before You Begin Installing Cygwin
With Cygwin version cygcheck (cygwin) 2.0.1, short passwords with fewer than 8 characters are not allowed.
Before starting with the SSHD setup, ensure you are not using OpenSSH and MKSNT when using the Add Host Targets Wizard. To do so, perform the following checks:
mksntare not in your
PATHenvironment variable. If they are, remove them by doing the following:
- Right-click on My Computer and go to Properties.
- In the System Properties window, click Advanced.
- In this tab, click Environment Variables.
- Here, search for the
PATHsystem variable, select it, and if the
mksntare present in
- In the Edit System Variable dialog box, delete these two values from
PATH,then click OK.
- Stop the SSH Daemon if it is running from
MKSor any other vendor. If the SSH Daemon is running, stop it by doing the following:
- Right-click on My Computer, and select Manage.
- In the Computer Management window, in the left pane, expand Services and Applications, and select Services.
- In the right pane, click the SSH Daemon/MKS Secure Shell service, then click the Stop button.
The navigational steps described in this section may vary for different Microsoft Windows operating systems.