You can add a spark chart to a tile visualization to view aggregate data trends over time.
- Open or create a project and click Visualize.
- In the Data pane, drag an aggregate data element to the canvas to create a tile visualization. For example, select Revenue.
- In the Data pane drag a time-based data
element to Category (Chart) to add a spark chart to the
tile visualization. For example, select and drag
The red dot on the spark chart line shows the lowest value, and the green dot shows the highest value. The tooltip shows the first, last, lowest, highest and average aggregate values for the selected category. Hover your cursor anywhere over the spark chart to display the tooltip.
- If you want to add a filter, drag a data element from the Data pane to Click here or drag data to add a
filter. For example, Year.
The filter changes the spark line to show the trend for the filtered data.
- If you want to change spark chart display settings, click
General in the Properties
Property Description Chart Click to display one of the following spark charts:
Reference Line Click to display or remove a reference line:
- Average - Displays a reference line showing the average trend.
- None - Removes the reference line.
High/Low Marks Click to hide or show the high and low marks, displayed as a green and a red dot:
- Click Save to save your changes.