2.1 Logging In to Oracle WebCenter Sites
Follow the steps in this section to log in to Oracle WebCenter Sites, select a site to which you are assigned, and start working in the Oracle WebCenter Sites: Contributor and Community interfaces.
- Open your browser and enter the Oracle WebCenter Sites URL:
<server>is the host name or IP address of the server running WebCenter Sites,
<port>is the port number of the WebCenter Sites application, and
<context>is the name of the WebCenter Sites application that was deployed on the server.
For login information, see your WebCenter Sites administrator for the following: WebCenter Sites URL, your user name and password, and the list of supported browsers.
The Oracle WebCenter Sites login form opens.
- Enter your username and password into the login form.
If you want WebCenter Sites to store your credentials and enter them automatically the next time you log in, select Remember me.
- Click Login.
If you are logging in for the first time, the site select form opens; otherwise, you are logged in to the site and application you last visited.
- In the Site drop-down list, select the site hosting the application in which you want to work.
When you select a site, the applications assigned to that site are displayed as icons under the Site field.
Figure 2-1 Select an Application
Description of "Figure 2-1 Select an Application"
- Select the icon representing the application you want to work with. Your roles in the selected site determine which applications you have access to.If you are assigned the
SitesUserrole, you will see the Contributor icon, which opens the Contributor interface.
2.1.1 If you selected the Contributor icon
When you select the Contributor icon, the Contributor interface loads. Your assigned roles determine your permissions to Contributor interface functions.
Figure 2-2 shows an example of the Contributor interface for the avisports sample site.
Figure 2-2 Contributer Interface for the avisports Sample Site
Description of "Figure 2-2 Contributer Interface for the avisports Sample Site"
2.2 Resetting a Forgotten WebCenter Sites Password
You can log in to Oracle WebCenter Sites if you have forgotten your password.
- In the login form, click the Forgot password? link, located below the Password field.
An email form opens, addressed to your WebCenter Sites administrator.
- In the email form, specify that you have forgotten your WebCenter Sites credentials and then click Send.
The email is sent to your WebCenter Sites administrator. The administrator will then send you an email containing a new password.
- Use the new password to log in to WebCenter Sites, and then, for security purposes, access your WebCenter Sites profile and change the password.
2.3 Editing Your WebCenter Sites Profile
Each WebCenter Sites user has a WebCenter Sites profile, set up by the administrator.
- From the Contributor interface, click the down-arrow in the menu bar to open the applications bar.
Figure 2-3 Down Arrow in the Menu Bar for the Contributor Interface
Description of "Figure 2-3 Down Arrow in the Menu Bar for the Contributor Interface"
- In the applications bar, click your user name.
Figure 2-4 Applications Bar: Click Your User Name
Description of "Figure 2-4 Applications Bar: Click Your User Name"
The Edit Profile form opens.
Figure 2-5 Edit Profile Form
Description of "Figure 2-5 Edit Profile Form"
- In the Edit Profile form, you can make the following changes:
To change your profile image, in the Image Preview field, click Browse and then select the image you want to assign to your profile.
To add or change your email address, use the Email field.
To change your assigned locale, use the Locale drop down field.
To change your assigned time zone, use the Time Zone drop-down field.
To change your password, enter your current password in the Old Password field, and your new password into the New Password and Confirm Password fields.
- Click Save and Close.
The Edit Profile form closes and the interface from which you accessed your profile is re-displayed.