Before you can install Actifio Sky Appliance, you must meet the following requirements.
You can install a Sky Appliance in the existing Oracle Cloud VMware Solution infrastructure. Ensure that the vSphere host has enough memory and CPU cores reserved to accommodate your Actifio model.
The size of the appliance is determined by the size of the production data that’s being protected. The following table provides a guide for selecting the appropriate configuration.
|Size||Recommended Capacity||CPU Cores (Unencrypted/Encrypted)||RAM (BG)|
vSphere Server Requirements
At a high level, Actifio recommends the following settings:
- Set the vSphere host power management to Off (that is, the active policy is set to High Performance). By default, power management on all ESXi hosts in Oracle Cloud VMware Solution is set to High Performance.
- Use Network Time Protocol (NTP) for vSphere. Do not use the VMware Tools periodic time synchronization.
- Primary Pool: One 200-GB, thick-provision-eager-zeroed disk.
- Snapshot Pool: Holds the snapshots (full copies) to retain, plus enough space for future growth. A minimum of 10 GB is required. You can add more disks in vSphere to accommodate growth. The Snapshot Pool requires a dedicated SCSI controller, set to VMware Paravirtual. You can attach File Storage as an NFS datastore for this purpose.
- Dedup Pool: Holds the deduplicated data to retain, plus enough space for future growth. A minimum of 100 GB is required. You can add more disks in vSphere to accommodate growth. The Dedup Pool requires its own SCSI controller, set to VMware Paravirtual. You can attach File Storage as an NFS datastore for this purpose.
- OnVault Pool: OnVault Pools are optional. There are no minimum capacity requirements for this pool.
Note:Don’t resize disks for Snapshot and Dedup Pools. If you need more storage, add disks instead.
Sky Appliances require the following network settings:
- Static IP addresses: You must provide static IP addresses for all network interface cards (NICs) on Sky Appliances. For instructions on creating static IPs in the Oracle Cloud VMware Solution environment, see “Create External Access IP Addresses” in the next section.
- Adding NICs: By default, the Sky Appliance comes with a single NIC.
Network Protocol Support
Note:An NFS datastore in Oracle Cloud VMware Solution is supported only as a backup target. Using NFS datastore in Oracle Cloud VMware Solution for production workload is unsupported by Oracle and VMware.