Using real-time data collected from physical sensors associated with your equipment, you can:
- Monitor and manage the health, location, and performance of your equipment
- Automate generation of maintenance orders, either in response to a failure event or using predictive analysis
- Improve real-time workflow visibility by providing timely insights on factory production and logistics management
You have several options when considering how to connect sensors.
Architecture for Internet of Things Applications
Oracle Internet of Things (IoT) applications are designed as Software as a Service (SaaS) applications layered on a Oracle Internet of Things Cloud Service platform.
Description of the illustration iot-cloud-architecture.png
Oracle Internet of Things Cloud Service provides support for functions and features that are common to Oracle IoT applications, including:
- Device connectivity: Your sensor devices are represented by device models that provide a virtual interface to the device. This interface enables two way communication with the device. Device models represent sensor devices, gateways, device connectors and device applications.
- Data analysis: You can create basic applications to analyze and monitor incoming device messages by creating an application.
- Integration: You can send data from your Oracle Internet of Things Cloud Service instance to other enterprise applications.
After creating your Oracle Internet of Things Cloud Service instance, you will create one or more Oracle IoT applications, depending upon your business requirements. Oracle IoT applications address specific business domains, including:
- Asset monitoring: Manage your fixed and stationary assets, including their health, utilization and availability. Proactively manage downtime and reduce asset losses.
- Production monitoring: Manage your manufacturing equipment and production lines, and evaluate your product output. Use data to proactively predict production rates and make changes in real time.
- Fleet management: Manage your fleet vehicles, shipments and driver behavior. Determine how to optimize route costs and reduce shipping losses.
- Worker safety management: Manage the safety of your workers by monitoring them and their environment. Reduce injuries and productivity loss.
- Service monitoring: Create and manage service orders proactively for your assets. Provide field service workers with information they need to resolve issues on the first visit, thus reducing truck rolls.
About Required Services and Roles
This solution requires the following service:
Oracle Internet of Things Cloud Service
One or more these services is required to support your business domain:
- Oracle Internet of Things (IoT) Asset Monitoring Cloud Service
- Oracle Internet of Things (IoT) Production Monitoring Cloud Service
- Oracle Internet of Things (IoT) Fleet Monitoring Cloud Service
- Oracle Internet of Things (IoT) Connected Worker Cloud Service
- Oracle Internet of Things (IoT) Service Monitoring for Connected Assets Cloud Service
These are the roles needed for these services.
|Service Name: Role||Required to...|
|Oracle Internet of Things Cloud Service: IotAdministratorsGroup||Grant access to all Oracle Internet of Things Cloud Service management console functionality including create, view, edit, and delete operations.|
|Oracle IoT Asset Monitoring Cloud Service: IoTAMAdministrator||Set up and maintains application and optimizes the availability of assets to meet the service levels required by the organization.|
|Oracle IoT Production Monitoring Cloud Service: IoTPMAdministrator||Set up and maintains application and identifies factories, products, and machines that need immediate attention.|
|Oracle IoT Fleet Monitoring Cloud Service: IoTFMAdministrator||Set up and maintains application and identifies vehicles, routes, and drivers.|
|Oracle IoT Connected Worker Cloud Service: IoTCWAdministrator||Set up and maintains application and identifies users, projects, and hazards.|
See Learn how to get Oracle Cloud services for Oracle Solutions to get the cloud services you need.