- On the Visual Applications home page, click New.
- In the Create Application dialog box, type the application name.
The Application ID field is automatically populated based on the application name that you provide. You can modify the Application ID if you wish, but the Application ID must be unique in your identity domain.
- Click Change template to select an application template or leave the
default selection of Empty Application unchanged. Click
The Empty Application template does not create any artifacts, apps or other resources. Other templates might create resources or apps that already include artifacts.
Description of the illustration vb-cec-new-visual-app.png
Your new visual application opens automatically when you create it and displays the Welcome screen. Your new application does not contain any artifacts, but the wizard creates the file structure of the application and some resources and files for you by default. You can use the Welcome screen to help you decide which artifacts you want to create first. Click any of the tiles in the Welcome screen to open the panel in the Navigator where you can create and manage the artifacts. You can add multiple mobile and web apps, and all the apps can access the data sources that you expose in your visual application.
Create a New Mobile Application
Each mobile application in your visual application is independent, but they can all use the data sources defined in the visual application.
- Click Mobile Applications in the Navigator to open the Mobile Apps pane.Structural representations of each of the mobile applications in your visual application are displayed in the Mobile Apps pane.
Description of the illustration mobileapp-appnav.png
If no mobile applications have been created, you will see a message in the pane and a + Mobile Application button that you can click to open the Create Mobile Application wizard.
- Click Create Mobile Application () in the Navigator.In the General Information page of the Create Mobile Application wizard, specify the application name for the mobile application you are about to create. You can also choose from three navigation styles. The Horizontal navigation style with three navigation items is configured by default. A Vertical navigation style is also available that allows you to create a root page with a navigation drawer panel including a header with an avatar, navigation items in the middle, and a footer with the application name. A page flow, with a starter page, is generated for each navigation item. Alternatively, select None if you want to configure the navigation items for your mobile application later. If you select None, one page flow is generated for the mobile application.
Description of the illustration mob-appnav-createdialog.png
- Click Next.The Page Template – main page of the Create Mobile Application wizard is displayed.
- Select Custom and click Create.
Create a New Web Application
Each web application in your visual application is independent, but they can all use the data sources defined in the visual application.
- Click Web Applications in the Navigator to open the Web Apps pane.
Structural representations of each of the web applications in your visual application are displayed in the Web Apps pane.
Description of the illustration webapp-no-apps.png
If no web applications have been created, you will see a message in the pane and a + Web Application button that you can click to open the Create Web Application dialog box.
- Click Create Web Application ( ) in the Web Apps pane.
The Create Web Application dialog box contains an Application Name field where you enter the name of your new web application and options for the navigation style of your app.
- Enter the name for the new app in the dialog box. The name you enter is used as the display name in the Web Apps pane in the Navigator.
- Select the None or Tabbed navigation style for the web app. For the Tabbed navigation style, you can specify the number of navigation items and a name for each.
- Click Create.