Go to main content
A.3 Installing Oracle BI with Oracle Database Release 22.214.171.124.0
If you are installing Oracle BI 12c (126.96.36.199.0) on Oracle Database Release 188.8.131.52.0, you might see a "BI Startup failure" error message on the Configuration Progress screen.
To work around this issue:
- Stop the database listener by entering the following command:
- Open the
sqlnet.ora file in an editor.
By default, this file is located in the
NEW_ORACLE_HOME/network/admin directory. You might also find the file in the directory that is specified by the
TNS_ADMIN environment variable.
- Add the following line in the
- Save your changes and close the file.
- Start the database listener by entering the following command:
- Try to install Oracle BI 12c (184.108.40.206.0) again.