In Oracle Human Resources, an appraisal is the part of the performance management process where the enterprise translates its corporate objectives into individual performance and improvement goals and measures. An appraisal is the whole process where a manager and person jointly evaluate the person's performance, in terms of competencies, against the work they have been doing, as well as setting objectives and actions.
An appraisal links:
- into precise job definitions and enterprise objective setting
- individual development plans for competence improvements and deployment preferences
An appraisal enables you to hold any additional data, such as a person's strengths and weaknesses or any comments, to meet your enterprise's needs.
- the pay system, in terms of making performance ratings which can be used as the basis for pay
Appraisals set the following:
- goals in terms of new work to be performed and new goals for existing work
- new performance criteria against which to appraise during the next review period
An appraisal can be linked to an assessment, or to many assessments, as part of the appraisal exercise.
- action plans to improve the competencies required to carry out work (where the work has both required and desirable competencies to meet the performance criteria)
Appraisal Templates and Questionnaire Page