Siebel Assignment Manager Administration Guide > Working with Dynamic Candidates >
Example of Assigning Dynamic Candidates to the Same Object
This topic gives one example of configuring Assignment Manager to assign a manager of an existing team to an account, contact, or opportunity belonging to one of their subordinates. You may use this feature differently, depending on your business model.
To assign a manager to an account, contact, or opportunity record belonging to one of their subordinates
- Start Siebel Tools.
- Create a new symbolic string, and then apply this definition to the Display Name property for the Account Assignment Object.
- In the Object Explorer, select Symbolic String.
- Choose Edit > New Record to create a new symbolic string record.
For more information about symbolic strings, see Using Siebel Tools.
- Create a new Dynamic Candidate record.
- In the Object Explorer, expand Workflow Policy Object, then expand Assignment Object, and then select Dynamic Candidate.
- Choose Tools > Lock Project (or Alt+L) to lock the project.
- In the Dynamic Candidates window, choose Edit > New Record to add a new record with the following property settings:
- Display Name = Reporting Candidate
- Team Type = Position
- In the Object Explorer, expand Dynamic Candidate Component, and in the Dynamic Candidate Component list, choose Edit > New Record to add a new record with the following property settings:
- Name= Account Position
- Primary = Y
- Source Table Name = S_ACCNT_POSTN
- Source Column Name = OU_EXT_ID
- Create another Dynamic Candidate record with the following property settings:
- Check in the configuration to the server database.
- Navigate to the Administration - Assignment screen > Assignment Rule List view and select the assignment rule for which you want to apply this configuration.
- Set the Person Candidates Source field to the dynamic candidate display name that you created Step 3.
- Release the rules.
NOTE: For testing purpose, it is recommended that you run an AsgnBatch server component job to verify the assignees.