Siebel Assignment Manager Administration Guide > Assignment Rule Administration > Process of Defining Criteria Values as Skills with Expertise Codes and Weighting Factors >
Creating Expertise Codes for Skills
Expertise codes apply only to skills and are global; after they are defined, assignment criteria share the same set of expertise codes. Expertise codes are predefined for the following skill types (assignment criteria):
- Language Code
- Product Line
- Product Line Wildcard
- Product Wildcard
The three predefined expertise codes are Novice, Intermediate, and Expert. For most deployments, the predefined skills are sufficient, however, you can create new ones. Expertise codes are stored in—and can be modified, added to, or deleted from—the Administration - Data screen > List of Values view.
To create new expertise codes, use the following procedure.
NOTE: You should perform the procedures in this section only if the default expertise codes—Novice, Intermediate, and Expert—do not meet the requirements of your organization.
To create an expertise code
- Navigate to the Administration - Data screen > List of Values view.
- In the List of Values list, click New.
- In the new record, click in the fields to enter the relevant information for the expertise code.
- In the Type field, click the select button, query for EXPERTISE_CD in the Pick Value Type dialog box, and then click OK.
- In the Display Value field, type the name of the expertise code as you want it to appear.
- In the Language-Independent Code field, type in the exact value that you entered in Step b.
- In the Language Name field, click the select button to select the appropriate language in the Pick Language Name dialog box, and then click OK.
- In the Translate field, click to place a check mark (if not already checked).
- In the Order field, type a numerical value for the rank of the expertise code.
The numerical value you type in this field determines the rank of the expertise code. Use a higher value to apply a greater rank to the expertise code, and a lower value to apply a lesser rank.
The new expertise value appears in the List of Values list and also becomes a valid expertise code selection in the criteria value drop-down menu when defining skills.
Figure 15 shows an example of creating a Manager expertise code that is ranked higher than the default expertise codes.
Figure 15. Example of Creating a New Expertise Code