Siebel Dealer Administration Guide > Dealers' Use of Siebel Dealer for Marketing >
Merging Lists for Marketing Campaigns (Dealer)
Dealers can merge two lists for marketing campaigns. When you merge lists, you can produce a new list that has:
- All the records that are in either list.
- Only the records that are in both lists.
- Records that are in the first list but not the second.
You can merge lists to avoid contacting the same customer twice. Or you can create queries to produce lists, and then you can merge these lists to create lists based on more complex criteria.
NOTE: Lists must have the status of active to be merged.
To merge lists for marketing campaigns
- Navigate to the Campaign Administration screen.
- In the Campaigns list, click the name of the campaign that contains the lists you want to merge.
- Click the Lists view tab.
- If the campaign has not already been associated with a list, click Add List to add a new record to the Lists list, and complete the necessary fields. Some fields are described in the following table.
Select this check box to indicate that the list is the primary list in the merge. Every merge must have one list that is the primary list.
This selection only makes a difference to the results if you choose to produce a merged table that has the customers in the first list but not in the second. The primary list is used as the first list.
Displays the status of the lists you added. For the merge to work, this field must have the value Active.
- Repeat Step 4 to add a second record to the Lists list.
You must add exactly two records to the Lists.
- To merge the table, click one of these buttons:
- Customers in Either List
- Customers in Both Lists
- Customers in First List But Not Second
- The Merge List Description dialog box appears, so you can enter a name and description of the new list.
- To add the merged list to the campaign, make sure it is selected and click Add to Campaign.