Siebel Communications Server Administration Guide > Configuring Communications Drivers and Profiles > About Communications Drivers and Profiles >
Inbound and Outbound Drivers
Each driver record in the Communications Drivers and Profiles view is indicated to support, or not support, inbound or outbound communications:
- CTI drivers, such as that for Siebel CTI Connect (using Intel NetMerge), are for both inbound and outbound communications. They also support agent interactivity within the Siebel application.
- The user-interactive driver for email supports agent interactivity within the Siebel application. It does not directly support either inbound or outbound communications.
- The Push Keep Alive driver is an interactive driver that provides a service for agent communications sessions. It does not directly support either inbound or outbound communications.
- Communications drivers for email or fax, such as Internet SMTP/POP3 Server, support both inbound and outbound communications. Inbound functionality for such a driver is applicable only to Siebel Email Response.
- Drivers for paging and FTP support outbound communications only.
For more information about interactive drivers, see Interactive Drivers.
NOTE: The Inbound and Outbound fields are for informational purposes. Do not modify the values for these fields for the drivers provided by Siebel Systems.