Siebel Communications Server Administration Guide > Defining Outbound Communication Requests > Creating and Submitting Outbound Requests >
Creating an Outbound Communication Request
This section describes how to create an outbound communication request.
To create an outbound communication request
- Navigate to Communications > My Outbound Request Overview.
The My Outbound Request Overview view appears.
- Add a new record in the Communication Request form.
- Provide information for the new communication request, as described in Fields for Outbound Communication Requests.
- Specify a type of recipient group, such as Opportunity Contacts.
- Specify at least one instance of the recipient source (such as an opportunity) in order to determine the actual recipient group for the request.
- Add templates for the request, as follows:
- Click the Request Templates view tab.
- In the Request Templates list, add a new record.
- Choose one or more existing templates from the dialog box that appears.
For an end user, the templates displayed in the dialog box are those for which the primary business component of the associated recipient group matches that of the request's recipient group. The templates listed were either created by that user or marked for public access. For an administrator, all templates are displayed.
In the requests views, records for templates are read-only. You can modify the template in the end-user or administrator views for templates. For more information, see Configuring Communications Templates.
- Optionally, specify how many subrequests the request is broken into, as described in Configuring Subrequests:
- Click the Subrequests button on the Communication Request form or the Communication Requests list.
- In the dialog box that appears, specify a number between 2 and 26, inclusive, to indicate how many subrequests should process the parent request.
- Submit the request, as described in the following section.