Integration Platform Technologies: Siebel Enterprise Application Integration > Business Services > Creating Business Services in Siebel Tools >
Defining a Business Service in Siebel Tools
You declaratively define the business service in Siebel Tools, and then add your scripts to the business service in the Script Editor.
To define a business service in Siebel Tools
- Start Siebel Tools.
- Select and lock the project you want to associate your business service with.
NOTE: Each business service must belong to a project, and the project must be locked. For information, see Using Siebel Tools.
- Select the Business Services object in the Tools Object Explorer.
The list of predefined business services appears in the right panel.
- Choose Edit > New Record to create a new business service.
- Type a name for your business service in the Name field.
- Type the name of the project you locked in Step 2, in the Project field.
- Choose the appropriate class for your business service, from the Class picklist:
- Data transformation business services must use the CSSEAIDTEScriptService class.
- Other business services will typically use the CSSService class.
- Step off the current record to save your changes.