Siebel Finance Guide > Managing Companies > Generating Company Hierarchies for Data Aggregation >
Dynamic Company Hierarchies
In some cases, users work with particular companies within a large corporation, but not with others. In these instances, some end users do not need to or should not see aggregated data across the entire corporation. An administrator can define a custom hierarchical structure across which data can be aggregated. This defined structure, called a dynamic hierarchy, can be as simple or complex as needed and offers users the ability to aggregate data across the companies they are interested in seeing.
To create a dynamic company hierarchy of selected companies
- Navigate to the Companies screen > Global Companies Administration view.
- In the Company Hierarchy list, and create a new record.
- Scroll down to the Company Relationships list, create a new record, and select company.
All the accounts in the Company Relationship list belong to the new account hierarchy.
- To define parent and child relationships:
- Select an company in the Company Relationship list that has no parent.
- In the Parent field, select a parent.
NOTE: Only companies entered in the Company Relationships list (Step 3) are available for selection in the parent field.
- Repeat Step 4 for all companies that have no parents.
To associate the dynamic hierarchy with an organization
- Navigate to the Administration - Group screen > Organizations view.
- Select the organization in the Organizations list.
- In the organization form, select the desired hierarcy in the Account Hierarchy field.
End users can only see the hierarchy with which their current position's primary organization is tied. It is the administrator's responsibility to associate end users with positions, positions with organizations, and organizations with hierarchies. For more information, see Applications Administration Guide.