Siebel Consumer Goods Handheld Guide > Application Administration > Setting Up Products in Siebel Consumer Goods Handheld >
Creating a Tax List in Consumer Goods Handheld
Tax lists help you calculate multiple taxes that apply to specific locations or types of customers (for example, hotels versus convenience stores).
For information about assigning tax lists to accounts, see Associating a Tax List with an Account in Consumer Goods Handheld.
To create a tax list
- From the application-level menu, choose Navigate > Site Map > Administration - Tax.
- In the Tax List list, add a record and complete the necessary fields.
- Click the Tax List Line Items view tab.
- In the Tax List Line Items list, add a record for each product.
- In the Tax 1, Tax 2, Tax 3, and Tax 4 fields, enter the tax rates in decimal format for federal, state, local, and other taxes, as appropriate.
For example, if a tax is 20%, enter 0.2.
The values represent the various taxes that may be applied to the product. These values are used in the Order Line Items and RMA Line Items views on the handheld to calculate the List Tax, Extended Tax, and Total fields. The tax fields are updated based on the tax values from the tax list and the order quantity at the line item level.