Siebel Service Handheld Guide > Application Administration > Setting Up Users in Siebel Handheld >
Creating Siebel Handheld Views
The handheld synchronization engine extracts views based on configuration (SRF) and the responsibility set up in the Application Administration view.
To configure a new view in your handheld application, follow the list below. Knowledge of Siebel Tools is required to perform these tasks.
- Create the new view in Siebel Tools. For information on creating views, see Configuring Siebel Business Applications.
- Add that view to the handheld screen. For more information on adding views to screens, see Configuring Siebel Business Applications.
- Add the screen to the handheld application if required. For more information on adding screens to applications, see Configuring Siebel Business Applications.
- Compile the project. For information on compiling projects, see Using Siebel Tools.
- Add the new view to the Siebel Handheld user's responsibility. See To add a handheld view to a user's responsibility.
To add a handheld view to a user's responsibility
- Launch the Web Client application that uses the same database that the Siebel Handheld application synchronizes with.
- Choose Navigate > Site Map > Administration-Application > Views.
- Add the new views.
- In the Responsibilities view, associate each view with the appropriate handheld responsibility.
- Add appropriate users to the responsibility.
The predefined responsibility for Siebel Service Handheld is Field Technician - Handheld.
NOTE: For more detailed instructions on adding views and associating views with responsibilities, see Applications Administration Guide.