Siebel Service Handheld Guide > Using Service Handheld > Performing Miscellaneous Tasks with Siebel Service Handheld >
Adding an Activity in Service Handheld
A field technician can add an activity to an existing service request or she can add a sundry activity, such as making a bank deposit or taking her truck in for servicing, which is not associated with a particular account.
CAUTION: Siebel Service Handheld application filters allow you to review an activity that you create on the date it is created, when no Planned Start date is indicated. If you change the Planned Start date for the activity, you will see the following error message: "Error occurred while finding the prior place in the system". The activity will not be displayed in the Activity list view. The activity will instead be uploaded to the server database during the next handheld synchronization.
To add an activity to a service request
- Navigate to the Service Reqs screen and select the desired service request.
- From the Show drop-down list, select Activities.
The Service Reqs Activities view appears.
- In the Activities list, tap Add New Activity.
The New Activity form appears.
- Tap the Activity field, and select an activity type from the drop-down list.
- Select the Status field, and select Not Started from the drop-down list.
- Complete all fields in the New Activity form, and tap OK.
To add a miscellaneous activity
- Navigate to the Activities view, and in the Activities list, tap Add New Activity.
- In the New Activity form, select an activity type from the Activity drop-down list.
For example, Administration, Call-Inbound and so on.
- Select SR # and Account from the picklist.
- Tap the drop-down arrow in the Status field and select Not Started from the picklist.
- Enter any text in the Comments field.
- Tap OK.