Siebel Service Handheld Guide > Using Service Handheld >
Performing the Job with Siebel Service Handheld
While performing an activity, the field technician performs the following tasks:
- Checks off completed steps. As the field technician completes each step in the activity, she marks the steps as done.
- Takes a reading. For tasks such as taking a utility meter reading or measuring hydraulic pressure, the field technician records a reading.
- Installs and replaces parts. During a visit to a customer site, the field technician often needs to install and replace parts. There are two types of parts that can be replaced: parts with and without serial numbers.
From the Activities view of the Activities screen, she selects an activity. Once the activity is selected, the procedures can be performed in any order.
To check off completed steps
- Select an activity in the Activities list, and from the Show drop-down list, select Time.
- Start tracking your time by tapping the Start button and pick a type.
- From the Show drop-down list, select Procedures.
- Select the first step in the Procedures list.
- When you have completed the step, select Done.
- Enter any comments in the Comments field.
- Complete the preceding steps for any remaining steps.
- When you have completed the activity, select Time from the Show drop-down list.
- Tap End to record the ending time for the activity.
To take a reading for a measurement
- Select an activity in the Activities list.
- Tap the Activity # hyperlink to drill down to the Activity detail form.
- Tap on the Asset # hyperlink to drill down to the Asset detail form.
- Tap on the Measurements button.
- Tap on a Measurement hyperlink to drill down to a measurement.
- Tap on Take Reading button to take a reading for the measurement.