Siebel Life Sciences Portals Guide > Physician Portal >
The optional Siebel eMedEd module for Siebel ePharma allows you to promote upcoming Medical Education events to selected medical professionals using your Physician Portal Web site. Professionals log in to the Web site by using individual user names and passwords that you supply. The Siebel MedEd section of the Web site lets each professional perform the following actions online:
- View information about upcoming Medical Education events to which that professional is invited.
- Register for Medical Education sessions.
- Cancel registrations for Medical Education sessions.
The Siebel eMedEd module requires the presence of the related MedEd module, which is accessed using the Siebel Life Sciences employee application, rather than through the Physician Portal.
To display Medical Education event information on your Siebel Physician Portal Web site, and to allow professionals to use the site for registration and cancellation, you must complete the following tasks using the Siebel Life Sciences employee application connected to the database that serves your Web site:
- Creating a Medical Education event listing.
- Creating listings for individual sessions within each event.
- Inviting selected professionals to each event.
For specific instructions on performing the tasks for setting up and administering Siebel eMedEd functionality, see Siebel Life Sciences Guide.