Siebel Life Sciences Portals Guide > Physician Portal >
About Creating Product Catalogs for the eSamples Page
Catalogs are used in the Physician Portal to display products that can be ordered using the eSamples page.
A catalog is a collection of items arranged in a logical hierarchy of categories. A schematic of a product catalog is shown in Figure 1.
- Categories can contain content items and other categories (called subcategories).
- Each category can belong to only one catalog and one parent category.
- Products can be associated with multiple categories.
Figure 1. Catalog Hierarchy
Catalogs are created and managed using the following steps:
- Setting up the catalog
- Setting up its categories
- Building the catalog hierarchy