Siebel Performance Management Guide > Setting Up Competency Management >
Associating Competencies with a Job Profile
After the appropriate job profiles are created, you can associate the competencies with each profile. A job profile can be associated with multiple competencies. A competency can also be associated with multiple job profiles.
This task is a step in Process of Setting Up Competency Management.
To add a competency to a job profile
- Navigate to the Administration - Competency screen Job Profile Administration > Required Competencies view.
- In the Job Profiles list, query for a job profile, drill down on the name, and then click the Required Competencies view tab.
- In the Required Competencies list, add a record.
- From the Name field, locate the skill you want to associate with the job profile.
- In the Required Level field, select the skill level required for the job profile.
For example, if you are associating a product knowledge competency with a Receptionist job profile, you can require a lower level than you would if you were setting up the Customer Support Specialist job profile.
- In the Criticality field, select a rating that indicates the importance of the selected skill for the job profile.