Siebel Installation Guide for UNIX: Servers, Mobile Web Clients, Tools > Installing the ChartWorks Server >
Configuring the ChartWorks Server
The Siebel Server configuration prompts you to set certain parameters related to communications with the ChartWorks Server. For instructions on installing Siebel Server, see Installing the Siebel Server.
Following installation of ChartWorks Server software, you must configure the ChartWorks Server, regardless of your UNIX platform.
To configure ChartWorks Server
- Navigate to your installation directory for ChartWorks Server; for example:
- Create a new subdirectory called Siebel.chart.
- Within the new Siebel.chart subdirectory, create a new file, using vi, and type the following three characters in uppercase but without a carriage return:
- Save the file as Siebel.cdx.
- Make sure the
DefaultChartFont parameter in your configuration file and the
Application Default Chart Font parameter in your component definition of your Application Object Manager are set to a font that is available on your machine; for example, Verdana-10-Normal or hp_roman8 (for CSY language on HP-UX). A default font is used by ChartWorks if no font is defined for the chart or if the font defined for the chart is not available on the UNIX machine.
An error occurred while sending a request to the chart server
- If you are running Siebel Server on HP-UX, complete the following additional step:
- Copy the file NFUtil.class, which is located in the same directory as the Visual Mining ChartWorks Server installer, to the following directory:
nohup ./ChartWorksServerControl start) to start the ChartWorks server prevents the ChartWorks Server process from being killed when the account owner logs off.