Siebel Installation Guide for UNIX: Servers, Mobile Web Clients, Tools > Installing the ChartWorks Server >
Installing the ChartWorks Server
The information in this section supplements the installation instructions provided by Visual Mining, Inc., which are provided in the Siebel Business Applications Third-Party Bookshelf. It is not intended to replace them.
You can install ChartWorks Server on any server in your local area network, as long as that server is able to ping a Siebel Server. Typically, it is installed on the Siebel Server. If ChartWorks Server is not installed on the Siebel Server, it should be installed on the same subnet as the Siebel Server. Install at least one ChartWorks Server per Enterprise, and, preferably, one ChartWorks Server per Siebel Server. No additional license key is required for ChartWorks Server.
ChartWorks software is installed with the Siebel Mobile Web Client. The associated Windows service starts automatically when a chart is accessed within the client.
To install ChartWorks Server
- Review preinstallation requirements. See the ChartWorks Server Installation Guide by Visual Mining, Inc., on the Siebel Business Applications Third-Party Bookshelf.
- Log on to the server with root permissions.
- Open a new shell and navigate to the Siebel image location for the current software version. Then navigate to the directory where the installer is located.
For example, for Solaris, navigate to Siebel_Image/Solaris/Server_Ancillary/Chartworks_Server/language/unix.
- Siebel_Image = The directory for your version-specific Siebel network image, such as
- language = The three-letter code for the language of your Siebel Business Applications product; for example,
enu for U.S. English.
- Create a directory into which you will install ChartWorks Server (for example, /usr/local/cws). You will specify this directory in Step 8.
- Create a temporary directory (for example, /tmp/cws) and copy into that directory the tar file appropriate to your UNIX operating system. The file will be one of the following:
- Uncompress the tar file by entering:
NOTE: On AIX, using GNU TAR is preferable to using AIX TAR, because the latter truncates long class names.
- When prompted, specify the installation directory you created in Step 4 (for example, /usr/local/cws), and press Enter.
- When prompted to install Sun JRE, type Y and press Enter.
- Accept the license agreement for Sun JRE.
- (Optional) If you want to be able to access the online documentation for ChartWorks Server, enter the full path to your installed browser (for example, /usr/bin/netscape/netscape), and press Enter. If no browser is installed on this machine, leave this option blank.
- Accept the license agreement for ChartWorks Server.
- When prompted for a serial number for ChartWorks Server, press Enter.
- When prompted to install support for Oracle, enter Y and press Enter.
- When prompted to install support for Sybase, enter N and press Enter.
- When prompted whether to start ChartWorks Server the next time the server machine is rebooted, enter Y and press Enter.
- After all files have been copied by the installer, manually copy the files DynamicChartResource.class and ResourceFactory.class, which are located with the Visual Mining ChartWorks Server installer, to the following directory:
- For the rest of the installation, follow the instructions in ChartWorks Server Installation Guide by Visual Mining, Inc., available on the Siebel Business Applications Third-Party Bookshelf.
NOTE: The Solaris installation instructions are valid for AIX and HP-UX platforms.