Siebel Installation Guide for UNIX: Servers, Mobile Web Clients, Tools > Installing the Siebel Reports Server >
Preinstallation Tasks for the Siebel Reports Server
For important preinstallation considerations, refer to the information on configuring an iServer System user account in the Installing Actuate iServer System manual. The manual is located in the Actuate folder of the Siebel Business Applications Third-Party Bookshelf. Read this section carefully and discuss it with your system administrator so that an account for the Siebel Reports Server can be allocated.
Note the following information when installing the Actuate iServer System:
- Make sure that System Administrator privileges are assigned to the administrator installing the Actuate iServer.
Web administrator privileges are needed for installing and administering the Management Console and the Actuate Active Portal JSP.
- The default application server used with the Actuate iServer System is the Actuate HTTP service.
The Actuate HTTP service is included in the installations for the Actuate Management Console and the Actuate Active Portal JSP.
Siebel Systems supports the use of other application servers for Actuate Management Console and Active Portal JSP. For more information, see System Requirements and Supported Platforms on Siebel SupportWeb.
- Siebel Reports Server does not support the use of the Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) for user authentication. For Siebel reports to function correctly, you will always synchronize users between the Siebel application and the Actuate iServer System.
- For the Siebel Business Application, installing the Siebel Reports Server in a clustered environment is supported using the Actuate Management Console. For preliminary information on clustering, see Clustering Siebel Reports Server.
- Siebel Reports Server uses the following default TCP/IP port numbers:
- Review the issues described in Managing Temporary Disk Space Required by Installers. For example, make sure you have adequate disk space, and make sure the login ID running the installer has write permissions to this directory.