Siebel Installation Guide for UNIX: Servers, Mobile Web Clients, Tools > Configuring the RDBMS > Configuring IBM DB2 UDB for Siebel Applications >
Guidelines for Increasing the Number of DB2 UDB User Processes Under AIX
When you reach about 400 concurrent database users running under AIX, the connection to DB2 may fail. To avoid this problem, reset the maximum number of user processes parameter on your AIX server.
To reset the parameter
- Log on to the server as the AIX system administrator.
- Navigate to $SIEBEL_HOME (Siebel Server root directory) and source environment variables, using one of the following commands, depending on the type of shell you use:
Bourne or Korn shell
TIP: Make sure there is a space between the initial period and
- Execute the following command to review the options:
- Select Maximum number of processes and reset the default (
512) to a larger number; for example, 10,000, to avoid imposing an upper limit on the number of processes that a single user can spawn.