Siebel Training Guide > Importing an AICC or SCORM Course >
AICC Course Launch Processes
Figure 5 illustrates the system processes that occur when an AICC course is launched.
Figure 5. AICC Course Launch System and Content Processes
AICC Course Launch System and Content Processes
As Figure 5 shows, the following processes occur when launch is clicked from the Course Details Lesson view:
- The Learning Management System (LMS) generates the URL, and performs an HTTP (Hypertext Transfer Protocol) call to the Content system.
- Content starts up and sends a request for detailed information.
- The LMS generates data. Based on what Content is requesting (name and value pairs), Siebel Training responds with the data from the Siebel database.
- The LMS sends the response. Based on the information gathered, Training sends the information back as HTTP.
- Content processes the data and starts to play the training content.
- Contact tracks data as the user interacts with the training content.
- When the user finishes a session, the LMS interprets and stores the data. Training receives the Content information, interprets the information, and maps it to the database.