Siebel Universal Queuing Administration Guide > Installing and Running Siebel Universal Queuing > Installing Siebel Universal Queuing >
Installing the Routing Engine on UNIX
The following procedure gives instructions for installing the Siebel Universal Queuing routing engine on supported UNIX platforms.
For more information, see the release notes and system requirements and supported platforms documentation for your Siebel applications.
To install the routing engine on UNIX
- Log in as root, or as another user with root access, on the chosen computer.
Root access is required in order to authenticate the user who is performing the installation. Depending on your system, you may need to log in as the root user.
- Insert the Server Ancillary Programs CD for your supported UNIX platform into the CD-ROM drive of the chosen computer.
- Mount the CD-ROM, if required, to make it accessible.
- Navigate to the following directory on the CD-ROM:
- To start the Siebel Universal Queuing installation script, type the following command in the directory in which the script is located on the CD, and press Enter:
You receive the following message:
The Universal Queuing Server will be installed on this computer.
- To continue the installation, press Enter.
- Verify the path where Siebel Universal Queuing will be installed, or specify a different installation directory.
The directory scomm/uq is created in the directory you specify here.
- Choose the type of installation:
- Choose the appropriate settings for configuring the server for which you are performing the installation.
- Choose the appropriate database type option: Oracle or IBM DB2.
For more information about Step 10 and Step 11, see Database Configuration for Recovery Table.
- Provide the required information for configuring your chosen database type in order to install the database recovery table DUStore.
- Verify that the confirmation screen reflects the correct configuration parameters.
If changes are required, select the desired options during confirmation. For descriptions of the configuration parameters, see Table 7.
When all files have been extracted and the installation is finished, you receive the message "Installation Complete."
Starting Universal Queuing Services After Installing
The routing engine (UQ services) does not start automatically after installation on UNIX systems, unless you take further steps. You have two choices:
- Start the UQ services manually after installing. For information about restarting the UQ services manually, see Running the Siebel Universal Queuing Routing Engine.
- Configure the UQ services to start automatically the next time the machine is restarted. Optionally, the installer can also start the UQ services manually immediately after installing.
When you install, the following lines are written to the shell output and to the installation log file (install_dir/scomm/uq/logs/uqinstall.log). To configure the UQ services to start automatically, append the files as directed.
Please append the file install_dir/scomm/uq/etc/inetd.conf.append to your System File /etc/inetd.conf
Please append the file install_dir/scomm/uq/etc/services.append to your System File /etc/services
In these lines, install_dir is the directory into which you installed the Siebel Universal Queuing routing engine in Step 7.