Siebel eService Administration Guide Addendum for Industry Applications > Siebel eService for eAutomotive >
Home Page and Global Buttons for Siebel eService for eAutomotive
The Siebel eService home page allows new users to register and provides both anonymous and registered users with links to more information.
The home page of Siebel eService for eAutomotive has the following differences from Siebel eService:
- Link to the dealer locator. The Contact Us applet has a link to the dealer locator instead of a link to the branch locator.
- Link to register a vehicle. The My Account applet includes a link to register a vehicle instead of a link to register a product.
- Link to My Service History. The home page has a link to My Service History, which is unique to eAutomotive.
- Link to My Vehicles. The home page has a link to My Vehicles, which is unique to eAutomotive.
Global buttons are visible when the user displays any page of Siebel eService. The following global buttons have different functions in Siebel eService for eAutomotive:
- My Account. Displays the My Account view. Differences from the My Account view of Siebel eService are discussed in The My Account View of Siebel eService for eAutomotive.
- Contact Us. Displays the Contact Us view, which lists a number of ways of contacting the OEM, including email, postal mail, fax, and a feedback form, telephone, and direct collaboration with a customer care representative. Differs from Siebel eService because the Contact Us view of Siebel eService for eAutomotive contains a link to the Dealer Locator, instead of a link to the Branch Locator.
- Inventory Search. Displays Inventory Search view, which is unique to Siebel eService for eAutomotive. This view is discussed in Activating Vehicle Registration Workflows.
These changes in the home page and global buttons may be important to you if you are configuring Siebel eService.
For more information about configuring Siebel eService, see Siebel eService Administration Guide.
NOTE: To make the eService for eAutomotive home page visible to customers, you must configure the application using Siebel Tools. After you configure the application, this home page will appear when the customer clicks the Service button in eCustomer as well as when the customer logs into eService. For information about making the home page visible to customers, see the Release Notes document for your Siebel application.