Siebel Application Deployment Manager Guide > Configuring and Administering the ADM Framework > About ADM Configurations for New Data Types >
Configuring the ADM Registry
Configuring the Application Deployment Manager (ADM) registry must only occur when absolutely necessary, and extreme caution must be exercised in order to prevent the corruption of the ADM function.
Scenarios that will require you to modify the ADM registry include the following:
- You are adding a new data type (database/EAI or file).
- You are changing an ADM data type name.
- You need to edit the validation rules to include more components, or valid states for components, as part of the validation rules.
The ADM registry is an XML document, by default named adm_registry.xml, located in the
\ADM directory. This file defines the ADM deployment behavior. For more information on this file, see About the ADM Registry.
To configure the ADM registry file
- Back up the existing adm_registry.xml file from the
\ADM\ directory to another location.
- Navigate to the adm_registry.xml file in the
- Using an XML editor, for example, Microsoft Office InfoPath, or a text editor, open the adm_registry.xml file.
- Locate the parameters you want to modify and enter the values you want to include.
For information on the file structure and parameters of the ADM registry file, see About the ADM Registry.
For information on restoring the ADM registry, see Restoring the ADM Registry.