Siebel Application Deployment Manager Guide > Overview of the ADM Architecture > About the ADM Orchestration Environment >
About the ADM Registry
The Application Deployment Manager (ADM) registry is an XML file located in the
ADM directory of the Siebel Management Server. The default filename for the preconfigured ADM registry is adm_registry.xml. This file defines the ADM deployment behavior by declaring deployment attributes and characteristics for each supported ADM deployment type, including:
- Listing all supported ADM categories; that is, file, repository, database types
- Listing all supported ADM data types within the categories
- Defining common deployment parameters
- Defining ADM data type-specific parameters
- Defining the business services and methods necessary to deploy the ADM data types
ADM Registry File Structure. The ADM registry file is a hierarchical XML file with the top level defined as the deployment category (i.e. data category); that is, file, repository, and database categories. All common deployment parameters in a category are defined at this level. The categories are then further divided into the sublevels representing the ADM deployment types (i.e. data types). The deployment behavior specific to each ADM data type is defined at this level.
At the deployment category level, the ADM registry records the following properties:
- MBean name (the MBean that handles the deployment of this category)
- MBean version
- Validation rules for the category
- Default operations for the category
At the deployment type level, the ADM registry records the following properties:
- Deployment parameters
- Activation parameters
- Restore parameters (if any)
- ADM data type-specific parameters
The parameters defined at the ADM category level are inherited by each individual ADM data type. However, an individual ADM data type can override these parameters with other values or provide its own properties if necessary.
NOTE: The "deployment type" and "deployment category" labels used in ADM registry XML file respectively equate to the "data type" and "data category" labels referenced elsewhere throughout this document.
ADM Registry File Configuration. You can configure the ADM registry file to modify the existing properties or support additional ADM data types. For information on configuring the ADM registry file, see Modifying ADM Parameters on Siebel Management Server and Configuring the ADM Registry.
For information on restoring the ADM registry, see Restoring the ADM Registry.