Siebel Application Deployment Manager Guide > Creating an ADM Package > Creating ADM Deployment Units from Repository Types >
Generating ADM Deployment Units Using a Mid-Level Release
Generating ADM deployment units from repository data types uses the Siebel Tools mid-level release feature. This task creates a .sif file that is used as the deployment unit necessary for the ADM packaging process.
Generating a mid-level release uses the Siebel Tools GUI to complete the task as described in the following procedures.
To generate ADM deployment units using mid-level release at the Siebel Tools GUI
- Log in to Siebel Tools, and make sure the changes are checked in.
- From the menu bar, navigate to View > Options > General Tab.
- Set the date in the Changed Date form.
This date determines the objects changed after the set date and includes them in the mid-level release.
- From the menu bar, navigate to Tools > Generate Mid-Level Release.
- In the Generate Mid-level Release dialog, name the release, and click the Generate List button.
- Review the repository objects included in the mid-level release and, if necessary, remove any objects from the list by using the Delete key.
- Select Export to create the .sif file used as the ADM deployment unit.
- Navigate to the Siebel Tools installation directory and the directory with the mid-level release label to locate the .sif file with the mid-level release label. Copy the generated .sif file along with the XML unit descriptor file, which will be used in the ADM package.