Siebel Application Deployment Manager Guide > Deploying an ADM Package > Other ADM Deployment Options >
Deploying ADM Sessions Using Command-Line Interface
Deploying sessions using the Siebel Server Manager command-line interface program (srvrmgr) is one of the alternate means of migrating ADM database data types from one Siebel application environment to another. For other alternative deployment options, see Other ADM Deployment Options.
Before using this deployment option, make sure an ADM session exists and the deployment unit XML file has been exported as outlined in the tasks 1 through 6 of Process of Creating ADM Deployment Units from Database Types.
This procedure runs a workflow process, named UDA Batch Import, on the target environment. This workflow process imports the data into the target environment, based on a session ID provided, using Siebel EAI as the transport. The Server Manager command line can be used to generate export files multiple times and can provide basic automation for the export step.
NOTE: The Workflow Process Manager component (WfProcMgr) must be running on the target Siebel Server in order for this procedure to run correctly.
To import deployment session file using Server Manager command-line interface
- Make sure the export deployment file exists in a shared network location.
NOTE: You do not need to create a deployment session in the target environment to import a deployment session file.
- Start Server Manager command-line interface program (srvrmgr) with your user ID in the target system.
For more information on this procedure, see Siebel System Administration Guide.
- Verify that the server component Workflow Process Manager (alias WfProcMgr) is online.
If not, enable the Workflow Management component group (alias Workflow) and restart the Siebel Server. For more information on these procedures, see Siebel System Administration Guide.
- Enter the following command at the Server Manager command-line interface prompt:
start task for comp WfProcMgr server Siebel_Server_Name with ProcessName="
UDA Batch Import", RowID="Session_ID"
- Check the details of the batch deployment by reviewing the source system ADM log files and EAI queue. For more information about ADM log files, see ADM Logging Capabilities and Troubleshooting.
NOTE: One import step reads all the previously generated files by the export session executed on the source system.