Siebel Application Deployment Manager Guide > Overview of the ADM Architecture >
About the ADM Client Environments
The Application Deployment Manager (ADM) client environments include command-line interface programs and GUI applications that allow you to create and manage a deployment of application customizations between environments. Other traditional Siebel application interfaces are also available to assist with ADM deployments. The ADM client environments are:
- ADM Package Utility. This command-line utility creates and validates ADM packages containing application customizations. For more information on this utility, see About the ADM Package Utility.
- ADM Command-Line Interface. This interface controls the ADM deployment through the Siebel Management Server. For more information on this interface, see About the ADM Command-Line Interface.
- Siebel Web Client ADM Screen. The Siebel Web Client ADM screen assists in the creation of ADM deployment units for any database data types that make up an ADM package. It can also serve as a means of deploying ADM database types outside the new ADM framework (as used in ADM before Siebel 8.0). For more information on this interface, see About the ADM Screen.
- Siebel Server Manager Command-Line Interface. This command-line interface administers the Siebel Server. It can also create ADM deployment units for database data types used in ADM packages and can also deploy ADM database data types outside the ADM framework. For more information on:
- Siebel Tools. The Siebel Tools GUI creates deployment units of the repository ADM data types. For information on this task, see Creating ADM Deployment Units from Repository Types. For information on Siebel Tools, see Using Siebel Tools.