Configuring Siebel Business Applications > Configuring the Customer Dashboard > Options to Update the Customer Dashboard >
Configuring SmartScript to Update the Customer Dashboard
You can configure the Customer Dashboard so that Siebel CRM updates the Customer Dashboard with the answer to a question that Siebel CRM derives from a SmartScript script.
To configure SmartScript to update the Customer Dashboard
- In Siebel Tools, in the Object Explorer, display the following object types:
- Make sure the SmartScript Player is active:
- In the Object Explorer, click Applet.
- In the Applets list, locate the Smart Script Player Applet (Tree Only) applet.
- In the Object Explorer, expand the Applet tree, and then click Applet User Prop.
- In the Applet User Props list, locate the Notify Dashboard applet user property, and then verify the property described in the following table.
- Map SmartScript variables to customer dashboard fields:
- In the Object Explorer, click Business Service.
- In the Business Services list, locate the Persistent Customer Dashboard business service.
- In the Object Explorer, expand the Business Service tree, and then click Business Service User Prop.
- In the Business Service User Props list, create a new record using values from the following table.
These values represent the variables from the SmartScript script that Siebel CRM displays in the Customer Dashboard. These values must match exactly the variable names defined in the SmartScript script.
This mapping technique is similar to defining user properties for a business component list. For more information, see Mapping a Business Component Field to a Customer Dashboard Field.
- Compile your changes, and then open the Siebel client.
- Map SmartScript answers to the Customer Dashboard:
- In the Siebel client, navigate to the Administration - SmartScript screen, and then click the Questions link.
- In the Questions list, choose a question.
- In the More Info form, in the Save User Parameters field, enter
This step allows Siebel CRM to save the answer as a global variable to the script. The name of the variable you enter must match exactly the name of the business service user property that you defined in Step 3.
- Click the Scripts link, and then locate the appropriate script in the Scripts list.
- In the Translation form, enter the name of the variables from each question into the Dashboard Text field. Use the following format:
[name of variable] [name of variable]
Siebel CRM passes the values for the variables in the Dashboard Text field to the Customer Dashboard when Siebel CRM executes the SmartScript.
- Repeat Step a through Step e for each question you must configure for the Customer Dashboard.
- Test your changes.
Updating the Customer Dashboard from Certain Scripts That Siebel CRM Executes in SmartScript
You cannot update the Customer Dashboard from Siebel Visual Basic script or Siebel eScript script that executes in a SmartScript script. There is a one-to-one relationship between a user interface event and the ability to update a frame in Siebel CRM. Because each user interface event in a SmartScript script updates the SmartScript frame, it cannot also update the Customer Dashboard frame. If you pass parameters to the Customer Dashboard from a Siebel Visual Basic script or Siebel eScript script in a SmartScript script, then the Customer Dashboard receives the parameters but it cannot display them.