Developing and Deploying Siebel Business Applications > Getting Started with Siebel Tools > Other Key Tasks for Managing Object Definitions >
Exporting Object Definitions
You can export object definitions making them available to import into another repository. This is useful when you are working in a multiple repository development environment and want to share object definitions.
To export object definitions
- In the Object Explorer, select the object type to export.
- In the Object List Editor, select the object or objects to export.
- Choose Tools > Add to Archive.
The Export to Archive File dialog box appears.
- If you want to include additional objects in the export file:
- Do not click Save.
- Return to the Object Explorer and select the object type to export.
- Repeat Step 2 and Step 3.
NOTE: You can remove objects from the Export to Archive dialog box by selecting the object and pressing Delete.
- Enter the path to the directory where the archive file is to be to stored.
- Click Save.
The object or objects are saved as files with an SIF extension.
NOTE: This file overwrites any existing SIF files with the same name. You cannot add objects to an existing export file.