Siebel Field Service Guide > Setting Up and Using the Dispatch Board > Process of Setting Up the Dispatch Board >
Adding Drilldowns to the Dispatch Board
This task is a step in Process of Setting Up the Dispatch Board.
Drilldowns can be added to the Dispatch Board to help streamline navigation to and from this screen. In the following example procedures, a drilldown is configured for the Phone field added in Displaying Additional Information on the Dispatch Board Y-Axis.
See Using Siebel Tools for more information on performing configuration tasks with Siebel Tools.
To allow users to drilldown on the new Phone field, perform the following tasks:
- Allowing Drilling Down on the Applet User Property
- Creating the Drilldown Object
- Compiling and Viewing the New Drilldown Object
Allowing Drilling Down on the Applet User Property
Perform the following procedure to allow drilling down on the Y-Column7 applet user property.
To allow drilling down on the applet user property
- Log into Siebel Tools as an administrator.
- Lock the FS Dispatch Board project for editing.
- In the Object Explorer, navigate to Applet.
- Query for the FS DB Planned GanttChart AX Applet.
- Navigate to Applet > Applet User Prop.
- Query for Y-Column7. This record was added in Creating the Applet User Property.
- In the Value field of this record, change the text so that it reads as follows:
The information mappings for the Value field are as follows:
#Control Name#Field Name#Sortable(Y/N)#Sort Field Name#Drilldownable(Y/N)#Pixel Width(a number)#
The Value field's information mappings are also described in the Comments field.
Creating the Drilldown Object
Perform the following procedure to create a new Phone drilldown object.
To create the drilldown object
- Navigate to Applet > Drilldown Object.
- Create a new record and update the fields with the following information:
- Enter Phone as the name of the record.
- Enter Phone as the Hyperlink Field value.
- Enter Employee List More Info View as the View value.
- Enter Id as the Source Field value.
- Enter Employee as the Business Component value.
- Enter Id as the Destination field value.
NOTE: In the applet control, the control name and the field name must match so that users can successfully drill down from the Dispatch Board.
Compiling and Viewing the New Drilldown Object
Perform the following procedure to compile and view the new Phone drilldown object on the Dispatch Board.
To compile and view the new drilldown on the Dispatch Board
- Compile the FS DB Planned GanttChart AX Applet.
- Replace the SRF.
- Restart the client and view the changes on the Dispatch Board screen by drilling down on the Phone field. You are brought to the Employee List More Info view.