Siebel Field Service Guide > Setting Up and Using the Dispatch Board > Process of Setting Up the Dispatch Board >
Adding Query Fields to the Dispatch Board
This task is a step in Process of Setting Up the Dispatch Board.
A dispatcher needs to enter specific query parameters to search for the right employee or set of employees. If the Dispatch Board's query assistant does not include a parameter that the dispatchers need, you can add this using the following example procedures.
See Using Siebel Tools for more information on performing configuration tasks with Siebel Tools.
To add a query field to the Dispatch Board's query assistant, perform the following tasks:
- Creating the Applet Web Template Item
- Compiling and Using the New Query Field
Creating the Applet Web Template Item
Perform the following procedure to create a new Phone Web template item.
To create the applet Web template item
- Log into Siebel Tools as an administrator.
- Lock the FS Dispatch Board project for editing.
- In the Object Explorer, navigate to Applet.
- Query for the FS DB Planned GanttChart AX Applet.
- Navigate to Applet > Applet Web Template > Applet Web Template Item.
- Create a new record and update the fields with the following information:
- Enter Phone as the name of the record.
- Enter Phone as the value for the Control field.
- Enter a numeric value in the Item Identifier field.
TIP: Controls are assigned unique numbers by Siebel Tools. It is recommended that you enter a high numeric value here to prevent identifiers from overlapping and causing conflict.
Compiling and Using the New Query Field
Perform the following procedure to compile and test the new Phone Number query field.
To compile and use the new query field on the Dispatch Board
- Compile the FS DB Planned GanttChart AX Applet.
- Replace the SRF.
- Restart the client and navigate to the Dispatch Board screen.
- Click the menu button and select New Query.
- Click the Query Assistant button that appears.
- Enter a query using Phone Number.
A successful query demonstrates that the phone number can now be used as an additional search parameter in the query assistant.