Siebel Field Service Guide > Setting Up and Using the Dispatch Board > Process of Setting Up the Dispatch Board >
Changing the Time Zoom Intervals on the Dispatch Board
This task is a step in Process of Setting Up the Dispatch Board.
By default, the zoom intervals on the Dispatch Board are 1/4, 1/2, 1, 2, and 4. However, dispatchers may need to work with time frames that are larger than these defaults. You can configure the zoom intervals to different time spans, making the information display more compact. See Setting User Preferences for the Dispatch Board for more information on using the time zoom intervals with the Gantt chart.
In the following example procedure, the fifth zoom interval value is configured to include a weekly zoom interval.
See Using Siebel Tools for more information on performing configuration tasks with Siebel Tools.
To change the time values displayed on the Gantt chart
- Log into Siebel Tools as an administrator.
- Lock the FS Dispatch Board project for editing.
- In the Object Explorer, navigate to Applet.
- Query for FS DB Planned GanttChart AX Applet.
- Navigate to Applet > Applet User Prop.
- Query for Zoom Interval* making sure to include the wildcard asterisk symbol (*).
The query returns a series of records starting with Zoom Interval 1 to Zoom Interval 5.
- Select the Zoom Interval 5 record, and update the Value field as follows:
The format for this field is:
#Major Unit Value#Minor Unit Value#3 Character Label#
The valid zoom interval values are: QUARTER HOUR, HALF HOUR, HOUR, 2 HOUR, 4 HOUR, 6 HOUR, DAY, WEEK, MONTH, YEAR
- Select the Zoom Interval Default record and update the Value field to 5.
The valid values for Zoom Interval Default Setting are 1 to 5.
- Compile FS DB Planned GanttChart AX Applet.
- Replace the SRF.
- Restart the client and view the new time intervals on the Dispatch Board screen.
Note that the fifth time interval has changed from 4 to Wk. When you click this button, the Gantt chart updates to show the information in a week and day timespan.