Siebel Field Service Guide > Charges and Invoices > Workflows for Charges and Invoices >
Workflow to Generate All Agreement Charges
This FS - Generate All Agreement Charges workflow automates the process of generating charges from all agreement line items. This workflow can be run as a batch process. Figure 16 illustrates this workflow.
Figure 16. FS - Generate All Agreement Charges
This workflow calls a subprocess named FS - Generate Agreement Charge wo Goto Charges View. The FS - Generate Agreement Charge wo Goto Charges View workflow is the same as the FS - Generate Agreement Charge workflow, except that the final two user interface steps are removed so that the workflow can run as a batch process. Figure 17 illustrates the FS - Generate Agreement Charge wo Goto Charges View workflow.
Figure 17. FS - Generate Agreement Charge wo Goto Charges View
NOTE: It is recommended that you run the charge process on the same repeating schedule as the contract schedule created for the charge plans.
To run all the charges for agreement line items using a repeating component job
- Navigate to the Administration - Server Management screen > Jobs view.
- In the Jobs list, create a new Job record.
- In the Component/Job field, select Workflow Process Manager.
- Enter the desired Repeat Interval and Repeat Unit in the Job Detail view.
For example, a Repeat Unit of Month and a Repeat Interval of 1 would run the renewal process on a monthly basis.
- Scroll down to the Job Parameters list and create a new parameter record.
- In the Name field, select Workflow Process Name, and in the Value field, enter FS - Generate All Agreement Charges.
- Click the Start button in the Jobs list.
Setting the Advance To Date in the Workflow
The workflow retrieves the Advance To date from the FS Agreement Item business component's Object Id, which is passed into the workflow. The Advance To field on the business component is a calculated field that will default to Today(). Typically, this is not a problem, as most administrators run the job using the job scheduler.
However, if you want to set a different Advance To date, you can change the business component's calculated field or alternatively, edit the input parameters for the workflow so that the Advance To date is changed when calling the business services.