Siebel Service Handheld Guide > Siebel Handheld Application Administration > Process for Administering Batch Sync for Siebel Handheld Applications >
Downloading a Database Extraction
You can download a new database extraction from the Siebel Server.
To download a database extract
- Navigate to the Administration - Server Management > Jobs view.
- Add a new record and specify the following:
- Enter the requested server name.
- In the Parameter applet, enter the following parameters:
- Run Mode:
- Application Name:
Siebel ePharma CE
- Application Language code:
- In the Job Details applet, enter the time schedule parameters.
- Select Start in the top parent applet.
- Navigate to the Administration Mobile > Batch Sync Administration view.
- When the batch synchronization process is complete, launch the Siebel Handheld application from the handheld device.
- Select File > Synchronization, and select Download Only.
Table 16 lists the specific parameters for scheduling Siebel Handheld database extract jobs.
Table 16. Parameters for Scheduling Handheld Database Extract Jobs
Run Mode. The following are valid values:
- Extract—default value; extracts data for users who have uploaded their transactions to the Siebel Server where the component is running
- ProcessTxn—processes pending transactions
- ExtractUpgrade—extracts data for users who have uploaded their transactions to the Siebel Server during a major upgrade. Use only if an upgrade occurs between an upload and download of data
- ProcessTxnUpgrade—processes pending transactions during the upgrade. Use only if an upgrade occurs between an upload and download of data
Application Name. An optional parameter to run batch synchronization for a specific application. Apply this parameter only in deployments where there are multiple Siebel Handheld applications. If no value is specified, or if the value is unclear, batch synchronization will be performed for all valid applications in the Siebel Handheld deployment.
Application Language Code. This is a standard Siebel three-characters language code. It is an optional parameter to run batch synchronization for a specific language application; it is only applicable in Siebel Handheld application deployments where there are multiple languages. If no value is specified or if the value is unclear, batch synchronization is performed for all valid languages of an application (if specified) or all applications (if not specified).