Siebel Service Handheld Guide > Deploying Siebel Handheld Applications >
Setting up PatchAgent on Windows 2003
This task is a step in Process of Installing the Siebel Handheld Application.
When Siebel Web Server Extension (SWSE) software is installed on Windows 2003, you must complete the steps outlined in To set up PatchAgent on Windows 2003 to allow PatchAgent to run without error on Siebel Handheld applications.
To set up PatchAgent on Windows 2003
- Make sure that the Internet Guest Account (
MACHINE_NAME\IUSR_MACHINE_NAME) exists in the system. This is automatically created after you install Windows 2003 Server.
- Right-click on the CEPATCH folder and select Properties.
- Select the Security tab and add the following account:
Internet Guest Account
- Set the permission to Yes for all rights, except for Full Control.
- Open IIS console and navigate to the Properties tab on the IIS level.
Select the MIME types tab (go to the MIME types section) and add the following two properties to create a new MIME type:
The extension field (.* is a period followed by an asterisk).
The MIME type field.
This is required to enable PatchAgent to access all files at the file level.
- Using IIS console, right-click the cepatch_enu virtual folder and select the Properties tab.
- Go to the Security tab, and click the Edit... button.
The authentication and access control dialog box displays.
- Enter the details for the user account (for example, IUSR_MACHINE_NAME).
- Enter the password for the account.
- Select the Enable Anonymous Access check box.
- Restart IIS.
NOTE: On a standard Windows 2003 installation, steps 1 and 4 might already be in place, but steps 2 and 3 must be setup by you.