Siebel Service Handheld Guide > Overview of Siebel Service Handheld >
Overview of Siebel Handheld Application Synchronization
The Siebel Handheld Application Synchronization (Sync) Client synchronizes data between the Siebel Handheld application database and the Mobile Web Client database or Siebel Server database.
Figure 2 illustrates the Siebel Handheld synchronization infrastructure.
Figure 2. Siebel Handheld Synchronization Infrastructure
The synchronization process does the following:
- Updates the Siebel Server database with changes made to the Siebel Handheld application database
- Updates the database on the handheld device with changes made to the Siebel Server database
- Downloads metadata changes, such as object definitions for new or modified screens or views
- Allows users to select filters to limit the amount of data that is downloaded
- Automatically applies the latest software patches to the handheld device when needed