Siebel Hospitality Guide > Setting Up Function Spaces, Sleeping Rooms, and Suites >
Configuring the Do Not Move Flag
When function spaces are being booked, it is possible for users to specify that the function should not be moved afterwards by other users (except administrators). For example, in the Quotes screen > Functions list view, the Do Not Move Flag check box can be selected by users to restrict the movement of the function. See Preventing Functions from Being Moved for more information on using the Do Not Move flag.
About the Do Not Move Flag Configuration Values
The TNT SHM Function business component contains a field called Is Do Not Move Read Only. The value for this field can be set to true or false as described in Configuring the Do Not Move Flag Property.
- Is Do Not Move Read Only is set to true (Y).
- Bookings with the Do Not Move flag are read-only with respect to date, time, duration, and function space.
- Only an administrator (or the user who originally selected the Do Not Move check box) can clear the check box and change the date, time, duration, and function space.
- Drag and drop is disabled in the Function Space Diary for bookings with the Do Not Move flag.
- Is Do Not Move Read Only is set to false (N).
- When users attempt to change the date, time, duration, or function space on a booking with the Do Not Move flag, a confirmation dialog box appears. This dialog box warns that the record is marked as Do Not Move. If the user clicks OK to indicate that he or she still wants to move the booking, the Do Not Move flag is removed and it is moved if the space and time are available.
- In the Function Space Diary, if the user tries to drag and drop any booking with the Do Not Move flag, a message appears, warning that the booking is marked as Do Not Move. If the user clicks OK to indicate that he or she still wants to move it, the booking is moved if the space and time is available. If the space or time cannot be reserved, the standard dialog box appears, allowing the user to option, overbook, or cancel the move.
Configuring the Do Not Move Flag Property
The administrator can control the effects of users selecting this flag by configuring the appropriate user property in Siebel Tools. To configure the Do Not Move flag, perform the steps in the following procedure.
This task is a step in Process of Setting Up Function Spaces, Sleeping Rooms, and Suites.
To change the values for the Do Not Move Flag
- Log in to Siebel Tools as an administrator.
- Lock the TNT SHM Function project for editing.
- In the Object Explorer, navigate to Business Component.
- Query for TNT SHM Function.
- Navigate to Business Component > Field.
- Query for Is Do Not Move Read Only.
- Change the value for the Calculated Value field to Y.
The default value for this field is N.
- Compile your changes and replace the Siebel Repository File (.srf).
- Restart the client.
- Check that selecting Do Not Move Flag check box results in the behavior described in About the Do Not Move Flag Configuration Values.